Sunday, September 11, 2011

the beginning

July 1st 2011, I left Surabaya for Bali with my friend, Euriska. We would stay in Bali for one and a half month there due to the TESOL course that we had applied for. We decided to take land trip because we wanted to save our money. I took leave for two months from my school so I won't earn any money during my time staying in Bali. This cost me Rp.160.000. Good price to start my new adventure. However, I didn't have any ideas how would this trip be. I have been in car trip to Bali from Surabaya with my family and we had fun. So this trip won't cause me any troubles. We have called a travel agent and they told us to be ready at 4.30 p.m. and we were. Having all stuff packed, we were ready for a very long trip. And... this was when 'JAM KARET' really existed. JAM KARET that literally means as "rubber watch" an Indonesian term to describe people who can't be punctual. We were so sick waiting for the car which would bring us to Bali. We called the travel agent many times and the woman who answered the phone just asked us to be more patient. She even didn't say sorry for the driver being late. The driver finally picked us at 9.30 p.m when we're already very hungry and sleepy. Excited had been changed by exhausted. 
Luckily, we got some brownies in our bag. They stuffed our stomach before we found  proper food to eat, rice. Along this trip, we both were sleeping when the driver stopped at a 'rumah makan' for us to rest, going to toilet and having a very late dinner as it was already 1.30 a.m. We sat and had a glass of 'not-so-hot' tea and a plate of rawon 'wannabe'. We just ate a bit and got back to the car immediately. We just wanted to sleep.
Mr. Ring-ring, the driver, just couldn't stop talking on the phone. He were having phone conversation while he was driving talking about everything all the way to Denpasar, Bali. Phew!  
   
It was sunrise when we had to cross Bali strait by ferry. Glad that I had my camera with me. And so, I took as many pictures as I could. It was a bit cold morning when we were on the ferry. By the time the ferry left the dock, I looked at Java land. I whispered goodbye and see you in my heart. 

first Bali sunrise



It was July 2nd 2011 when finally I arrived at Bali. It took us 4 more hours on car before we finally arrived at Banjar Untal-untal, Dalung, a place where Euriska's aunt is living with her family. After sitting down for almost 12 hours in the car, we finally stepped on Bali land, the land of God and Goddess. We just wanted to lay on a bed after all.  

No comments:

Post a Comment